- What is a cookie?
- How to manage cookies
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user's device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns; and
- to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose|
|basket||This cookie contains information in special format about products in your basket.
|username||The username of your account on our website (cookie is set only when logged in and will be removed immediately after log out procedure). This parameter is set in order to provide the ability of auto-login.
|password||The password of your account on our website (cookie is set only when logged in and will be removed immediately after log out procedure). This parameter is set in order to provide the ability of auto-login.
|country||The name of country you have provided during checkout procedure is saved in order to save your time during your next purchase.
We may display video content on www.kapellohair.co.uk using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to improve your experience as a user. If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, please visit Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings. Please bear in mind that if you disable Flash cookies you will be unable to access certain content on our website which uses Adobe Flash Player, such as videos.
CHECKING WHICH BROWSER YOU USE
If you are using a PC - go to 'Help' and select the 'About' option
If you are using a Mac - click on the Apple menu within the browser and select the 'About' option
Once you know which brower you are using, follow the instructions below to check if you have cookies enabled on your computer:
CHECKING COOKIES - PC
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8
- Go to 'Tools' at the top of your browser window. Select 'Internet options'. Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies and choose 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click 'Under the Hood' and select the 'Content settings' button within the 'Privacy' section
- Choose 'Allow local data to be set'
CHECKING COOKIES - MAC
Safari on OSX
- Click 'Safari' and select 'Preferences'
- Click 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' and select 'Preferences'
- Find "Cookies" under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
Microsoft Internet Explorer on OSX
- Click 'Explorer' and select 'Preferences'
- Find 'Cookies' under "Receiving Files"
- Select 'Never Ask'
- Click 'Menu' and select 'Settings'
- Select 'Preferences' and then 'Advanced'
- Select 'Accept cookies'